How to obtain compensation for the unlawful processing of your data by public authorities or private individuals and entities?

If you believe that your personal data has been collected and processed, but not according to legal provisions and/or in a disproportionate way, you can seek compensation from the public authority or private person that has processed your information. Your right to seek compensation in the case of a violation of your right to private life is stipulated in the Constitution of the Republic of Estonia.

Remember that you can request compensation for the material (financial) loss and/or the moral injury you have suffered due to the unlawful processing of your personal data.

The procedure for submitting a complaint is different and depends on the status of the person in question, namely, whether it is a public person or a private person.


Last updated 08/06/2019