How do you complain about issues related to your detention?

You have the right to complain if you believe that any of your rights were violated during your detention. 

Initially, you should complain locally, to Estonian institutions, authorities and courts. International and European institutions will not accept your claim if you have not complained and tried to resolve your issues with local institutions first. You can only apply to international and European institutions if you believe that violations of your rights were not remedied by Estonian institutions. 

About this section

This section of the Guide will explain how you can complain to Estonian institutions and courts and for what reasons.

You can learn about international and European complaint procedures in the section Human rights institutions.

Last updated 01/03/2017