Civil proceedings

If your political party or NGO has been refused registration in the non-profit associations and foundations register, you may contest the respective decision through Tartu County Court, which maintains the register, in accordance with the Code of Civil Procedure. If you are not satisfied with the decision of the county court, you may further appeal the decision of the county court to the circuit court and then to the Supreme Court.

Complaints to international human rights bodies

If you believe that the violation of your rights has not been remedied by Estonian institutions or courts, you should submit a complaint to international or European institutions, such as the European Court of Human Rights or the UN Human Rights Committee.

Human Rights Guide

A European platform for human rights education